Friday, July 24, 2009

Possibilities...

I was looking out 0f my window today and for the first time I didn't just see "the hood". I saw a woman. Maybe less than a woman in her mind, walking back and forth steady on the pavement. With her head down and right arm swinging aimlessly, as she seemed to be lost in her thoughts. Almost shivering for he next fix, I wondered what she was wondering. Did her thoughts ponder on her children? Or how her life could have been? For a moment I was dazed and lost in my thoughts about her. But when reality struck again, I noticed that her pacing ceased and she was now staring at a pigeon that sat at the top of the telephone pole.

Birds fly, they die
but a Phoenix
would rise from
its Ashes
I couldn't help but wonder what all she had been through? How m,u8ch had the world given her before she realized she just couldn't take it anymore? The more I looked out the glass window the inevitable happened. You know how if you focus hard enough into a window that you'll began to see our reflection? Well, that's what happened to me. In that moment and time I captured what I couldn't see on a daily basis. I saw a beautiful girl, who wasn't quite sure what pretty meant. The corners of her mouth straight as a board, maybe turned down a little, with a scar on her upper lip that somehow traces you to here eyes. Almond-shaped, with light brown pupils. Full of ambition. Cheekbones high, somehow signifying strength. However, comparing the reflection that I saw of myself to the stranger outside my window, I couldn't help but wonder how much would the world give me before I feel like I just can't take it anymore? Or are these eyes not deceiving in their perception, being honest about my ambition?With all that I've been through...do I have what it takes to be the Phoenix that rises from ashes? Possibilities...

0 comments: